PREGNANT? Sleepless nights? Tense?
Why Pilates? How will Pilates help in pregnancy?. Here is the answer.
Pilates is a slow but effective form of exercise.
There are many benefits to joining a class:
- Relaxation: Pilates exercise helps to reduce stress and relieves unwanted tension, aiding sleep
- Concentration: It allows you to put your day worries aside and concentrate on your baby
- Co-ordination: Utilising moves that coordinate different muscle groups, ensuring there is a functional focus on exercises allowing you to benefit not only in pregnancy and labour, but also beyond
- Posture: It improves posture and body alignment to relieve pain and aches
- Strengthening and stretching: Pilates helps in stretching tired achy muscles and strengthening muscles helps stabilise your pelvis during pregnancy
- Breathing: Breathlessness and shortness of breath is one of the most common problems in pregnancy. Pilates exercises improves efficiency of breathing and oxygen delivery to your baby, breathing techniques learned can help contribute to a smoother delivery
- Core-strength: strengthens muscles which create a solid protective base, to stabilise the spine and support your back
No reason to delay. Join our friendly classes at Emma James Physio